Sunday, June 27, 2010

How does your garden grow?


my grandmother has a green thumb. literally- haha j/k. anyway she loves planting things and watching them grow. she says that she passed on some of her green thumb genes to me. not nearly enough of them though- look at all those weeds in my garden! blech!

in my little garden strip behind the hosue i have several tomato plants. some yellow german slicers, beefsteak and even a few rainbow tomato heirloom plants that i started from seed.
i also have a little section for herbs and then a cucumber and a jalapeno pepper plant.

i planted marigold plants and seeds all through my garden in hopes that they'll keep pesky bugs away. this cool looking spider decided to lend a hand too and made an intricate web connected to my cilantro plant. i decided to let hm stay and be my resident garden spider and he's been guarding my herbs ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment